Week 4 - Assignment 1




As teachers we have so many goals and skills we’d like our students to acquire throughout the year. By dividing our goals into step by step procedures we can actually get there. When beginning to form my lesson last week I used Gran Wiggins’s method of Backward Design. My first step was to identify my desired results – what life skill will the students gain from this lesson? By reading through the state standards on the given topic, that’s in accordance to the student’s grade level, I was able to establish my goals. With my objectives in mind I was able to determine the key understandings I want my students to know at the end of the unit. By applying Backward Design I found myself thinking of essential questions that if answered correctly will prove to me that all students achieved my desired goals. When forming my lessons I’ll base it on my Stage 1 chart to verify that it’s organized, relevant, and ensures that all students have mastered the new concept.  
It’s the education that we, teachers provide our students with that will enable them to succeed in their future. When determining my goals I make sure that it is knowledge and skills that are beneficial to all students in their personal life. Thus they will be prepared with the essential tools they’ll need to succeed in college and in life in general.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 - Assignment 2 - Stage 1 - Writing

Week 2 Assignment 3 - Backward Design