Week 10 - Assignment 2 - Teaching Philosophy

Teaching Philosophy – Technology in the Classroom

Educators have always held the key to students’ success. As teachers, we must ensure to provide our students with a great education that prepares them with essential knowledge and skills to face adulthood. In today’s 21 century, where technology is a part of every aspect in our lives, educators need to be trained and equipped with the skills necessary to appropriately use and integrate technology tools in instruction. The ITST teacher and student standards define the skills and pedagogical insights teachers need to know in order to best educate the children in this digital age. I will create my lesson plans meeting the ITST standards, which will thereby empower students to take charge of their education and ensure that learning is a student-driven process of exploration, creativity and discovery.
The variety of software tools available for educational purposes makes it possible for individuals to perform and learn in a far more complex way than ever before. In my classroom, I will incorporate technology that will enable students to take active roles in the learning process. I will make sure that students are given the opportunity to use the many tools, apps, and programs available to assist their academic learning. I will teach my students how to research appropriately and find valid information. Students will practice their critical thinking skills by analyzing and coming to conclusions on various topics using the internet. Students will use technology, collaborate effectively and explore learning concepts in a real-life manner.
As an educator, I look forward to take advantage of the various software tools available and integrate them in my teaching. By developing technology enriched learning environments, where students use digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts, and collaborate effectively in teams locally and globally, I will enable them to achieve their utmost, and prepare them to succeed in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 - Assignment 2 - Stage 1 - Writing

Week 2 Assignment 3 - Backward Design