STAGE 1 – DESIRED RESULTS Established Goals: W.6.2. Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas, concepts, and information through the selection, organization, and analysis of relevant content. Understandings: Students will understand that… An informative/explanatory essay conveys information about a specific topic. It’s important to have a good introduction, to tap into the reader’s interest. The introduction should give the reader an understanding of what they are about to read. Essential Questions: How will I gather information relevant to my topic? How do I organize my introduction in a clear fashion, so that readers understand the topic being presented? Are all ideas expressed in my text relevant to the given topic? Students will know… How to gather accurate information. How to use strategies to help them organize information, such as a semantic web, and graphic organ...
Hi Chaya! I enjoyed watching your Backward Design Stage 2 presentation. It is really clear, and you provide excellent examples. I love the idea of teachers having mini conferences with their students; it allows them to conduct frequent assessments. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteChaya, you did a super job on your presentation! You chose great assessments to determine your students knowledge. Using a KWL chart is an excellent way to activate their knowledge .
ReplyDeleteChaya, your presentation is highly professional and informative. I love the ideas you chose to determine acceptable evidence. I think your students will go really far with this lesson.
ReplyDelete